Dos and Don’ts for Heating Season Preparations
August 16, 2022
When it comes to heating season preparations, it's important to follow these helpful tips to ensure that you have everything you need to stay warm and comfortable all season long.
- Check your aboveground oil tanks for wet spots or signs of leaking
- Schedule your annual heating system tune-up to ensure your equipment is fuel efficient and doesn't have problems that can become serious during the winter
- Make sure your home has a full supply of heating oil in case the weather gets cold earlier than expected
- Ignore clear signs of heating equipment issues (inconsistent temperatures, strange sounds, smoking, etc.)
- Assume your home has enough fuel heading into the heating season (unless you're an automatic delivery customer)
- Wait till the middle of winter to start thinking about heating equipment upgrades
Need help making sure you've covered all these tips? Stafford Oil & Propane has a wide range of services to help you get set up for this year's heating season. Give us a call or contact us to schedule a service, fuel delivery, or consultation.